The Women of Distinction luncheon was formed in 1989 in Montgomery County with the idea to bring light to the volunteer community. Each year, the organizations gather for a luncheon honoring their "Women of Distinction". She is recognized for the numerous hours, unyielding commitment and loyal dedication she has provided their agency.
Our purpose is to:
- Educate member organizations and the public about volunteerism and community service
- Promote, support and enhance the efforts of member organizations
- Foster cooperation and coordination among members in order to maximize the effectiveness and potential of each member organization
- Disseminate information among members in order to minimize duplication of services and avoid conflicts of scheduling and activities
- Maximize member organizations’ individual and collective positive impact on the community
Meet Our Board of Directors
(Left-Right): Margie Taylor, Dawn Candy, Jace Grainger, Mary Lea Kirk, Carol Gouch, Theresa Wagaman, Rita Wiltz, and Amanda Wood.